Zoox is looking for an embedded software engineer to join our Firmware Platforms team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, extending, and maintaining support for multiple embedded platforms for the Zoox vehicle. You will work closely with electrical engineers, embedded software engineers, and validation engineers to enable support for new advanced platforms and accelerate application development across multiple projects. We are looking for people who are passionate about diving deep into the hardware and creating robust and reusable software.
- Architect, develop, debug, optimize, review, and test software for multiple real-time embedded platforms
- Develop and maintain board support packages for multiple platforms, including compiler, bootloader, drivers, and real-time operating system
- Build low-level frameworks, interfaces, and infrastructure to make our embedded application development faster, simpler, more portable, and more testable
- Bringup of new embedded platforms by working with electrical engineers, suppliers, and vendors to identify and solve hardware and low-level software issues.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing real-time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- Strong embedded C++/C programming experience
- Strong experience with micro-controllers and/or microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC)
- Experience with real-time operating systems on embedded systems (POSIX, QNX, FreeRTOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience with automotive communication protocols and stacks (CAN, LIN, ethernet, UDS, etc.)
- Familiarity with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Ability to read and provide feedback on PCB schematics
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.