Sr. Software Engineer, Payments
What You'll Do:
- Design, code and maintain software libraries that process Zoosk financial transactions for millions of users. Produce code that provides access to data, job scheduling, business logic and reporting.
- Own significant portions of the codebase and monitor its performance in the production environment.
- Collaborate with other engineers and the Product Team to define clear software deliverables and establish milestones for projects.
- Integrate your code with third-party APIs.
- Identify opportunities to improve Zoosk software infrastructure and security. Research technologies and generate proof of concepts for review.
What we're looking for in you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or something related.
- Have worked for 3+ years of professional industry experience building web-based, data-driven software systems
- Proven ability to own a project from the technical specification phase all the way through implementation, delivery, and maintenance
- Proficient in at least one industry-adopted language. Prefer candidates with experience in PHP or Java in a traditional LAMP stack, but not required.
- Practical experience with relational databases and large data sets, particularly with MySQL databases
- Bonus if you have experience with AWS Cloud Services (EC2, RDS / Aurora, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, ...) and APM tools such as New Relic.
- Know a bit about payment processing, accounting practices, and PCI compliance but this is not a requirement.
- We prefer a software engineer with strong CS fundamentals eager to apply these in a high-volume environment where performance and accuracy are critical.
Meet Some of Zoosk's Employees
Lead UI Designer
Charmagne collaborates with Designers and Developers to design all of the interactive elements for Zoosk's products. She makes sure that users can access Zoosk from a variety of screens—and enjoy their experiences.
Back to top