Sr. Software Engineer, Architecture & Infrastructure
Senior Software Engineer - Architecture & Infrastructure
Our Architecture & Infrastructure team builds and improves the foundations that support everything we do here at Zoosk. We build and maintain large-scale data storage and processing systems using some technologies like SQL, Memcached, Cassandra, SOLR, and Hadoop. Much of our backend is made up of custom technologies we've developed in-house to solve unique problems.
Our goal is to build a scalable, performant, fault tolerant service layer that enables us to rapidly expand our user base and add new features without worrying about capacity. We are particularly fond of moving to a more Service-Oriented Architecture design, which requires candidates to have a solid base in server administration, networks, capacity planning, and analytics.
- 6+ years experience server-side development. Expertise in Java is a major plus. PHP or Node.js experience are also welcomed.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and software architecture
- Significant experience in Data Modeling, with strong experience in at least one SQL-based RDMS. Additional backend experiences (Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Memcached, etc) a plus.
- A talent for diagnosing and improving system performance.
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining services, with migrating from monolithic architecture to services a major plus.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, scalable systems and services.
- Drive projects from inception through delivery.
- Diagnose problems and research or design solutions in collaboration with other engineers
- Write, present, and collaborate on well reasoned technical design specifications
- Bolster capabilities of extrapolating problems through tooling
Back to top