Sr. QA Engineer
Zoosk is a cutting edge dating technology company at the forefront of our industry. We use the latest innovations to test our services, utilizing environments served from OpenStack, maintained inside Docker containers. We ship features on a highly accelerated pace, with major releases weekly and minor releases daily. Our customer base includes over 38 million users every month.
Zoosk is looking for a senior QA engineer to perform testing of our service on Web and Mobile platforms. The responsibilities of the position will include developing and executing test plans, executing weekly test passes, managing cloud based test environments, using custom tools to create unique scenarios, creating detailed and efficient reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience testing a large multi-platform service in a continuous deployment / continuous integration environment. He or she should also have experience developing test strategies for new features and supporting legacy features. He or she must be able to manage his or her schedule around code delivery and release dates and deal well with frequent change, experimentation, and ambiguity. They will be responsible for maintaining test environments, setting up test scenarios on the fly, and tracking A/B tests in production. Most of all, they will be passionate about testing, working with developers, and getting software shipped in a timely fashion.
- 5+ years experience testing an interactive web/mobile service, preferably with social network integration (Facebook Platform or similar)
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule around testing requirements
- Project Management skills for planning, reporting, communication and collaboration
- Extensive experience in developing test plans and test strategy
- Proven track record of shipping successful products on a tight timeline
- Basic UNIX shell skills
- Knowledge of Git or similar code repository systems
- Familiar with set up and maintenance of Jenkins servers
- Extensive understanding of native mobile platforms including Android and iOS
- Deep familiarity with all major Web Browsers
- Preferably able troubleshoot issues using tools such as New Relic or Splunk
- Understanding of Open Stack, Docker, Vagrant, Crane or Kubernetes a plus!
- Develop and own strategy for testing Zoosk and Lively services
- Perform weekly test passes
- Log detailed and reproducible bugs
- Work with developers and management to prioritize bugs
- Curate a collection of test cases
- Be the expert for current service behaviors
- Promote and execute Quality best practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Define and report metrics on product quality
- Be a valued member of the Engineering team
- Strong desire to be a part of a world class team that ships software quickly and successfully
Back to top