Sr. Platform Security Engineer
Senior Platform Security Engineer
Zoosk's Technical Operations team is looking to add a seasoned Senior Platform Security Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you'll be a key member of the team that keeps us up and running, securely serving over 38 million active members in 80 countries.
This role requires someone who is outgoing, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working as part of a team, can successfully multi-task, and thrives on being successful in high-stress environments. Successful candidates will have senior-level technical and security skills, strong interpersonal skills, a confident presence, adept logical troubleshooting, testing experience, task management skills, and effective root cause analysis abilities.
At Zoosk, we expect our Senior Platform Security Engineer to maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service skills. You will be trusted with some of the company's most confidential information, which means will we expect you to conduct yourself with an extremely high degree of ethics.
- Working with other team members to develop, promote, and implement strategies to balance security recommendations with business needs.
- Developing and maintaining security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Staying abreast of industry best practices and tools in security operations.
- Providing in-depth support and functional leadership for Incident Response (internal violations, external attacks, network/host compromise, system outages, etc.)
- Monitoring vendor and third party security reports/lists and proactively patching vulnerabilities.
- Guiding remediation of vulnerabilities with internal departments and development teams.
- Creating and modifying policy documentation as needed.
- Assisting with internal/external audits of business units and third-party vendor security infrastructure.
- Work with others to properly prioritize security projects next to other projects necessary for the company.
- Senior-level experience in Unix/Linux system administration
- Senior-level Network Security administration experience, including log and network traffic capture (pcap) analysis
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, Crypto
- Strong experience in assessing Windows, Mac, and Linux hosts for signs of intrusion.
- Expert understanding of attack and exploitation techniques.
- Experience with performing web application and network penetration testing.
- Experience with common penetration/vulnerability testing tools, including Metasploit, NeXpose, nmap, and BurpSuite.
- Ability to document and explain risks, recommendations, and incident data to technical stakeholders, information owners, and senior leadership.
- Ability to influence individuals and stakeholders where there is no direct authority
- Demonstrated programming skills and tools development in e.g. Bash, Perl, or Python.
- Demonstrated security operations and design experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM platforms.
- Modern knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and SANS critical security controls
- Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Project Management.
- Understanding of Software Development Processes.
- Able to balance business needs with security requirements.
Meet Some of Zoosk's Employees
Lead Engineer, UI Development
Sue Anna serves as a go-between between the Design and Engineering Teams. She takes designs from Zoosk’s creatives and translates them into streamlined presentation markups and elegant code.
Back to top