Sr. Director of Engineering, Applications
- Manage a team of Software Engineers, Managers and Directors to lead product development of Zoosk.com website, mobile apps for IOS and Android, Labs Engineering, Payments and Data Engineering.
- Influence the team to use Agile software development methodologies to deliver high quality applications, features, and services on time with exceptional quality.
- Work side-by-side with Product Management to create, drive and deliver innovative, compelling, and user-friendly products.
- Actively develop and grow leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies.
- Drive continuous process improvement and innovation, identifying ways to reduce friction and increase the velocity of the teams and the overall organization.
- Partner with the business to define the vision and roadmap direction for functional areas and teams.
- Clearly communicate status updates to the wider team, partner groups, and senior company leaders.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects spanning Android, iOS, and Web development, middleware, and backend services.
- Bring adoption of advancements in technology and best practices.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or closely related.
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering management role.
- All experience may be gained concurrently.
Zoosk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zoosk’s Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
Zoosk is a leading online dating company in San Francisco founded by two engineers in 2007. After ten years, we have 40 million users in 80 countries exchanging millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
Meet Some of Zoosk's Employees
Lead Engineer, UI Development
Sue Anna serves as a go-between between the Design and Engineering Teams. She takes designs from Zoosk’s creatives and translates them into streamlined presentation markups and elegant code.
Back to top