Software Engineer - Cloud API/Services
Zoosk is looking for a software engineer who will be responsible for creating and maintaining multiple back-end systems that serve data and provide business logic to our many client applications through a REST-based API in Cloud. We work closely with the Product team to achieve company/project goals rather than just completing it. At API/Services, we strive to provide the best possible outcome right from kickoff through design, tech spec-ing, developing, QA Support, rolling out w/ A/B testing, and tweaking to improve our product at a rapid pace with self deploys (Yes, I did say self deploys).
Join a community of doers, who values collaboration, open communication, and an exploratory approach to problem solving that sets us apart from other organizations. You'll enjoy seeing your work ship quickly and watching your efforts help Zoosk continue to impact the lives of our over 38 million users worldwide. Zoosk has a very open culture and is a fun place to work, which includes team outings, company outings, happy hour Fridays, catered meals, FTO (flexible time off) and no-meeting Tuesdays/Thursdays to provide more heads-down time.
- Design, code and maintain
- software libraries and APIs that drive our client applications, providing access to data, caching, job scheduling, messaging, search and notifications.
- microservices that provide a scalable, performant, fault tolerant service layer that enables us to rapidly expand our user base without worrying about capacity.
- Build and maintain large-scale data storage and processing systems using some technologies like MySQL, Memcached, Cassandra, SOLR, and RabbitMQ.
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for development projects.
- Own significant portions of the codebase and monitor their performance in production systems.
- Identify opportunities to improve Zoosk software infrastructure. Research technologies, produce proof of concepts and integrate into production systems.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- 3+ years experience building scalable, data-driven software systems. Experience with Java or PHP is a plus
- Solid experience with relational databases and NoSQL, handling datasets of millions of rows
- Solid experience with AWS Cloud Services (Amazon EC2, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, ElastiCache ...)
- Excited about hard problems and creating next-gen solutions
Meet Some of Zoosk's Employees
Lead Engineer, UI Development
Sue Anna serves as a go-between between the Design and Engineering Teams. She takes designs from Zoosk’s creatives and translates them into streamlined presentation markups and elegant code.
Back to top