Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer
Are you looking to help build out products that can have a positive, real-life impact on millions of people? At Zoosk, we have the tremendous and rewarding challenge of facilitating meaningful connections between over 40 million users worldwide and growing. Our users span 80 countries worldwide and exchange millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
Zoosk is looking for a Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team. DevOps at Zoosk is responsible for the fabric that connects our services together (think container orchestration), as well as our change management infrastructure (think GitHub, Jenkins, and Shippy, our deploy robot!). We also work to keep our developers unblocked, productive, and happy.
This is a hands-on coding and leadership position. We are looking for someone who can build custom systems from the ground up or make code modifications to existing systems like Jenkins and Kubernetes. Sysadmin and Cloud architecture skills are a must.
You will report to the Director of Platform & Infrastructure and be responsible for keeping new features shipping quickly and safely.
What you'll do:
- Master our development pipeline, from Developer VMs through Build Automation to containers in production
- Maintain our deploy bot and other custom in-house infrastructure
- Become a go-to resource for how our services work together
- Advise on the selection of new container orchestration systems
- Build or buy tools to manage change to our cloud infrastructure
- Support engineering teams with day-to-day deploy or sysadmin issues
- Maintain security best practices in DevOps processes and code
What we’re looking for in you:
- 4+ years in an engineering role
- BS in computer science or commensurate experience
- Don’t be scared to jump into any codebase and figure out how it works
- Expertise with Linux Administration, Git, Docker and AWS
- Python experience is a plus
- A talent for debugging issues across the stack, from application code to host-level problems
- Personal skills to lead a small team of smart engineers
- A positive, helpful attitude
Zoosk Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
While there is a lot to do, we also have a very open and collaborative culture and know how to have a lot of fun; frequent team and company outings, Hackathons, happy hour every Friday, daily catered lunches, health and wellness benefits, 401K matching, generous maternity/paternity leave policies, and flexible time off are just some of the ways we support our teams.
Zoosk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Back to top