Payments & Risk Manager
Zoosk is seeking an experienced payments and risk professional to take ownership of and oversee all things payments as well as fraud detection & mitigation and chargeback & refund management for our online payments. This is a hands-on role for a data driven individual who will interact cross functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and Legal. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will be highly analytical, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
- Minimize the risk of fraud and financial abuse across users.
- Optimize and refine controls used to detect fraudulent activity.
- Stay up-to-date with current technology, product changes and fraud trends.
- Liaison with Customer Success team around fraud related issues.
- Fully understand areas of risk for the organization; have strategies in place to combat common threats for subscription businesses
- Analyze large quantities of data to identify fraud patterns.
- Build innovative risk management strategy to reduce financial exposure as well as improve customer experience.
- Leverage third party risk management tools to expand fraud detection capabilities.
- Train and develop risk team members on manual review process and how to detect fraudulent activity.
- Monitor, analyze and report fraud/chargeback status status to all levels to the leadership and stakeholders
- Oversee the chargeback response process and coordinate efforts to sustain a strong partnership with outside service providers and key internal partners.
What We’re Looking For in You:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the global ecommerce payments industry.
- Strong understanding of risk management in a card not present environment.
- Strong analytical skillset and experience with analytics tools (Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to effectively analyze data, develop insights and present conclusions and recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Creative problem solver and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action and being a doer.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and excel in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Meet Some of Zoosk's Employees
Lead Engineer, UI Development
Sue Anna serves as a go-between between the Design and Engineering Teams. She takes designs from Zoosk’s creatives and translates them into streamlined presentation markups and elegant code.
Back to top