Payments & Risk Manager
Zoosk (maker of the #1 online dating app) is seeking an experienced payments and risk professional to take ownership of and oversee all things payments as well as chargeback and refund management for our online payments. This is a hands-on role for a data driven individual who will interact cross functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and Legal. This role will report to the VP, Finance and will be highly analytical, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
- Minimize the risk of fraud and financial abuse across users.
- Collaborate with Product Management to design solutions that prevent and detect fraudulent or suspicious user behavior.
- Perform data analysis around the impact of new product and feature launches related to payments.
- Analyze and design rules that introduce the appropriate amounts of friction for suspicious users to prevent chargebacks.
- Communicate results to all levels of management and stakeholders across the company.
- Oversee the chargeback response process and coordinate efforts to sustain a strong partnership with outside service providers and key internal partners.
- Identify and drive initiatives to prevent and reduce chargebacks and refunds related to billing and payments.
- Ability to navigate multiple databases and applications with proficiency.
What We’re Looking For in You:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the global ecommerce payments industry.
- Strong understanding of risk management in a card not present environment.
- Strong analytical skillset and experience with analytics tools (Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to effectively analyze data, develop insights and present conclusions and recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Creative problem solver and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action and being a doer.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and excel in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Back to top