Are you looking to join a team that strives to bring a positive, real-life impact to the lives of millions of people? At Zoosk, we have the tremendous and rewarding challenge of facilitating meaningful connections between over 40 million users worldwide and growing. Our users span 80 countries worldwide and exchange millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
Zoosk is looking for a creative and thoughtful marketing communications professional to join our Marketing team in downtown San Francisco. This position is focused on content management and promotion and also provides you with the opportunity publish your own writing.
As the Inbound Marketing & Editorial Associate, you’ll help oversee the day-to-day operations of Zoosk’s online publication, The Date Mix, and help plan, create, and promote the site’s content. You’ll learn how to combine the creativity of a writer/editor with the strategic focus of a content manager. That means you’ll have the opportunity to suggest ideas for stories, assign them to outside writers or write them yourself, and see them through to publication. In addition, you’ll also learn how to optimize articles for search engines (SEO), strategically promote content on social media, and build a great content experience for users.
What you'll do:
- Pitch and write articles for publication
- Plan assignments for writers and editors
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager of Inbound Marketing to determine site content and topics
- Perform keyword research and make recommendations to improve SEO
- Assist in evaluating articles for compliance with voice, tone, and style
- Copy-edit and fact-check articles
- Use Zoosk’s content management system (CMS) to prep and schedule articles for publication
- Research influencers and publications to identify opportunities for content partnerships
- Recruit new writers
- Create images for social promotion
What we're looking for in you:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
It’s great if you have:
- A passion or interest in dating, online dating, or relationship topics
- Knowledge of a CMS such as WordPress
- Have design skills and/or knowledge
- Familiarity with Associated Press style
Zoosk Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
While there is a lot to do, we also have a very open and collaborative culture and know how to have a lot of fun; frequent team and company outings, Hackathons, happy hour every Friday, daily catered lunches, health and wellness benefits, 401K matching, generous maternity/paternity leave policies, and flexible time off are just some of the ways we support our teams.
Zoosk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.