Director, Data Science
What you'll do:
- Apply your knowledge and expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with each other and with the product.
- Define best practice and thought leadership around data science.
- Partner with Product, Customer Success, Finance, and Marketing teams to solve problems, identify new opportunities, and make recommendations.
- Design, build, and launch new data models for our search and other associated activities.
- Provide technical guidance to your team and drive high standards.
- Mentor and develop your engineering team, providing performance feedback, evaluation, and coaching.
- Design and implement reporting and metrics that track and monitor the performance of our products, the quality of our data, and overall health of the business.
What we're looking for in you:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- Minimum 8 years of professional industry experience and at least 2 years managing a team of data scientists and engineers.
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing.
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data.
- Strong ability to code in Python, R, Java.
- Proficient in big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark.
- Experience with BI, Data lakes a huge plus.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
Meet Some of Zoosk's Employees
Lead UI Designer
Charmagne collaborates with Designers and Developers to design all of the interactive elements for Zoosk's products. She makes sure that users can access Zoosk from a variety of screens—and enjoy their experiences.
Back to top