Do you want to learn about all the work that goes into opening a brand new school?
As a part of our Zeta Summer Internship Program, you will be able to be a part of preparing our schools and our school staff for the first day of school for the 2023-24 school year. Zeta Summer Interns will have a strong work ethic, be extremely dependable, and be able to manage multiple tasks at once in an extremely organized way. You will work with and learn from a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators. This internship offers the unique opportunity to learn about various aspects of opening a new school, while learning from and shadowing colleagues who have worked in various careers including teaching, school administration, operations, law, consulting, finance. etc.
- Work side-by-side with our Operations team to organize and prepare a Zeta school building to open for the 2023-24 school year
- Assist Zeta’s transition to a new inventory system by inventorying items in our school buildings
- Support with the set-up and logistics of Summer Zeta U, our summer professional development program for all Zeta staff members
- Help to ensure a smooth transfer of Zeta’s Knowledge Management system to a new vendor
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail are essential
- An individual excited to work tirelessly in order to ensure our schools are 100% ready for staff and students heading into the 2023-24 school year
- This will be a full-time internship (8am-4pm, Monday-Friday) that will be in-person at one of our Zeta Schools
- The internship will begin on July 6, 2023 and run through August 18, 2023
- Please note - we will be giving priority to applicants who can commit to the entire program. However, if you are only available for a portion of these dates, you may still apply for this internship.
- We are accepting applications from both high school and college students for this position
- This internship is paid and offers a $2,500 stipend
Zeta Charter Schools has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Zeta operates multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to continue opening 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!