Find your purpose
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. Our purpose lies in changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Procurement Associate with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and at least 3 years of work experience supporting procurement with a proven record of conducting sourcing and supplier negotiations. The position title will be commensurate with candidate experience relative to Zeta’s organizational levels.
Deliver powerful results
As the Procurement Associate at Zeta, you will support our team by providing expertise in sourcing and vendor management. You will be responsible for the timely purchase of goods and materials for schools through:
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand items needed for curriculum, supplies, furniture, and technology purchasing
- Oversee projects including supplier management, supplier sourcing, and price negotiation
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and compliance with policy
- Support the development of centralized software Procurement (experience with Coupa highly preferred)
- Manage the supplier onboarding process and rationalize supply base within purchasing system by purging unused suppliers
- Respond to procurement related support needs
- Proactively generate ways to better streamline processes and deliver an improved experience
- Generate reports and develop analytical models to help facilitate key decisions
Join our passionate community
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
- Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
- Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
- Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
- Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
- Are well organized and detail-oriented
- Are able to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts and various stakeholders
We maintain an unrelenting focus on team at Zeta, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued. As part of a lean growth organization, we expect all our teammates to wear multiple hats and have a can-do attitude about overcoming any hurdle!
We want lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and passion. At Zeta, we need you to bring your passion for learning to disrupt the status quo and tackle problems with creative solutions.
The salary range for this position is $58,500-75,000. Compensation is based on candidates' qualifications and experience.
Currently, Zeta operates multiple schools, in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).