Sr. Assoc Machine Learning Modeler / Data Scientist
Want to work at a place where every day is a Kaggle competition? As a Machine Learning Modeler at ZestFinance, you will use your modeling artistry to develop radically new methods for manipulation and prediction that will enable us to provide fair, transparent credit alternatives to underbanked Americans. Using a combination of machine learning technology and vast amounts of data sources, we seek to transform the credit market while expanding our team into interesting and revolutionary frontiers within the credit world.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement highly generalizable models for predicting various outcomes.
- Taking responsibility for modeling implementation in real world settings to solve real world problems.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, and Business Analysis to develop models to support specific business needs.
- Mentor junior team members in modeling artistry.
- Feel good about coming to work and enjoy not only the time you spend at the office, but the people you’re spending it with as well.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline; advanced degrees preferred.
- Expert experience designing, developing, and implementing machine learning models / algorithms.
- A proven, demonstrable track record of success.
- Extensive programming experience in one or more of the following: R, Python, Julia, Vowpal Wabbit and an interest in learning new languages and technologies.
- Knowledge of data structures and parallelization.
- Successful Kaggle competition experience is strongly desired.
- Experience with large scale data storage and analysis (e.g., Spark, MapReduce) is a plus.
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive sal
- ary and equity grants
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
Meet Some of ZestFinance's Employees
Director, Data Science
John heads up the team that builds predictive models and programs that run core business models. He also works with external customers to apply special tactics to improve business.
Back to top