Software Engineer Internship - Summer 2017
We are currently taking applications for our Summer 2017 Internship Program.
ZestFinance is a technology startup that uses machine learning and large-scale data analysis to transform credit availability for millions of Americans. Over the past 5 years, ZestFinance has built a big data underwriting technology that more accurately predicts likelihood of repayment. ZestFinance uses this technology to make loans to customers that banks typically overlook. ZestFinance also licenses its technology to other companies, including JD.com and Baidu in China.
ZestFinance was founded in September, 2009, by founder and CEO Douglas Merrill, an accomplished technology executive who previously served as CIO of Google.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Learning how the SWE team works with Product, Marketing, and Business to design and build the next generation of ZestFinance product roadmap features.
- Pairing with full stack and front-end engineers to build and integrate APIs with rich, desktop and mobile-friendly front-end interfaces.
- Identifying programming best practices with the full stack software engineering and product teams.
- Working closely with DevOps and QA to ensure operational stability and performance while helping to drive a culture of test driven development (TDD) and behavior driven development (BDD).
- Participating in design / architecture reviews, as well as code reviews and walkthroughs.
- Must be able to spend 12-16 weeks in Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood) during the summer of 2017.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
Back to top