Senior Software Engineer
ZestFinance is excited to be looking for a full stack Sr. Software Engineer! If you’re excited to learn Ruby on Rails, then this is the startup for you! You will be joining a highly-skilled full stack Ruby on Rails (RoR) software engineering team where you will be able to contribute your expertise ranging from API design and development to UI / UX implementation.
At ZestFinance, we work with a great deal of enthusiasm and energy along with a social conscience and passion for leveraging data and technology to transform financial services as we know it.
- Work with Product, Marketing, and Business to design and build the next generation of ZestFinance product roadmap features.
- Pair with full stack and front-end engineers to build and integrate APIs with rich, desktop and mobile-friendly front-end interfaces.
- Identify and evangelize programming best practices with the full stack software engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with DevOps to ensure operational stability and performance while driving a culture of test driven development (TDD) and behavior driven development (BDD).
- Lead and participate in design / architecture reviews, as well as code reviews and walkthroughs.
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing web applications
- Experience with TDD/BDD methodologies
- Experience designing APIs adhering to the REST architecture style
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems (network analysis, performance and application issues)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Github, Travis CI, Jenkins)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, e.g. EC2, RDS, S3, and Route53
- Experience with monitoring/alerting tools (e.g. New Relic, Airbrake, PagerDuty)
- Experience with Chef for provisioning servers and deploying applications/services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
ZestFinance is a technology startup that uses machine learning and large-scale data analysis to transform credit availability for millions of Americans. Over the past 5 years, ZestFinance has built a big data underwriting technology that more accurately predicts likelihood of repayment. ZestFinance uses this technology to make loans to customer that banks typically overlook. ZestFinance also licenses its technology to other companies, including JD.com in China.
ZestFinance was founded in September, 2009, by founder and CEO Douglas Merrill, an accomplished technology executive who previously served as CIO of Google.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
Meet Some of ZestFinance's Employees
Xintong works on the Engineering Team, trouble-shooting bugs and coding new features. Her goal? To make ZestFinance’s API as fast and user-friendly as possible.
Back to top