Director of Accounting
As the Director of Accounting you will be a hands on leader, overseeing and performing the general accounting function, consolidating 10+ subsidiaries (including elimination entries) to include both record keeping and reporting systems for inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management. A successful Director of Accounting will be a proven leader with a strong general accounting background and a minimum of 10 years experience managing accounting and finance, preferably at a fast-paced startup. She or he will have experience managing audits, maintaining accounting records, setting up or improving internal controls, budgeting, evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to executive leadership.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information with actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations to the Controller and CFO
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform month-end/close
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts and review A/P and A/R entries for accuracy
- Ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives through the monitoring and analysis of accounting data and production of financial reports and statements, as necessary
- Manage general accounting, accounts payable and payroll, as well as coordinate and complete annual and quarterly audits, thereby driving professional excellence
- Lead process improvement efforts while streamlining processes to effectively report financial results
- Ensure that Company financial statements are prepared and maintained in accordance with internal policies and procedures and US GAAP
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance with internal controls
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase efficiency
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, followed by 10+ years of relevant experience, including an established record of success in progressively more responsible supervisory/managerial positions; CPA required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Fast paced start-up experience highly desired
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
Meet Some of ZestFinance's Employees
Xintong works on the Engineering Team, trouble-shooting bugs and coding new features. Her goal? To make ZestFinance’s API as fast and user-friendly as possible.
Back to top