Data Engineer - Internship - Summer 2017
We are currently taking applications for our Summer 2017 Internship Program.
ZestFinance is a technology startup that uses machine learning and large-scale data analysis to transform credit availability for millions of Americans. Over the past 5 years, ZestFinance has built a big data underwriting technology that more accurately predicts likelihood of repayment. ZestFinance uses this technology to make loans to customers that banks typically overlook. ZestFinance also licenses its technology to other companies, including JD.com and Baidu in China.
ZestFinance was founded in September, 2009, by founder and CEO Douglas Merrill, an accomplished technology executive who previously served as CIO of Google.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Identify and evangelize programming best practices with the Data Engineering and Modeling teams.
- Work closely with Analysis to ensure quality & availability of data in the Data Warehouse (Amazon RedShift), along with support of our Business Intelligence platform (Looker)
- Participate in design / architecture reviews, as well as code reviews and walkthroughs.
- Participate in implementations of robust end-2-end ETL pipelines (Spark)
- Help develop solutions with a mind towards quality, scalability and high performance on large data sets
- Must be able to spend 12-16 weeks in Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood) during the summer of 2017.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time applicable degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
Meet Some of ZestFinance's Employees
Xintong works on the Engineering Team, trouble-shooting bugs and coding new features. Her goal? To make ZestFinance’s API as fast and user-friendly as possible.
Back to top