Associate Data Scientist
As a Data Scientist, you will use your math wizardry to develop radically new methods for data access, manipulation, and modeling that will enable us to provide fair, transparent credit alternatives to underbanked Americans.
Successful candidates will be crazy smart, creative thinkers who are capable of devising innovative solutions to old financial problems. They will interface directly between our engineering and modeling teams to validate our current models and develop tools to make the core modeling team more efficient. As our name implies, we work with a great deal of enthusiasm and energy along with a social conscience and passion for leveraging data and technology to transform financial services as we know it.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement statistical tools for developing and validating new models
- Validate models for roll-out and analyze the performance of existing models
- Assess the usefulness of new data sources, transformations, and techniques
- Support other team members with their modeling and analysis projects
- Work with the Product Management, Marketing, and Business teams to develop models to support specific business needs
- Feel good about coming to work and enjoy not only the time you spend at the office, but the people you’re spending it with as well
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, or related discipline; Advanced degrees preferred
- Use of R Matlab, or Python, and Linux
- Understanding of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and advanced machine learning techniques
- Commitment to creating reproducible, well-documented code
- An independent and self-motivated work ethic
- A proven, demonstrable track record of success
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive sal
- ary and equity grants
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
Meet Some of ZestFinance's Employees
Director, Data Science
John heads up the team that builds predictive models and programs that run core business models. He also works with external customers to apply special tactics to improve business.
Back to top