- Louisville, KY
What you'll be doing:
- Load and unload company trucks and trailers
- Operate and drive equipment safely and according to company standards
- Maintain professional conduct in every interaction with the clients or the public
- Check vehicles before and after driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads deliver, and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Valid CDL (Class A)
- No automatic only restriction on License
- No more than two moving violations; OR two preventable accidents; OR a combination of one moving violation and one preventable accident within the last two years.
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT drug screen and physical, Valid DOT Medical Card
- Comply with all DOT and company rules and regulations
Back to top