Sr Site Merchandiser
The Site Merchandising team drives the digital merchandising function, recognizing the way in which merchandise is presented on all internal and external touch points with the customer. We are seeking individuals who would be able to create, maintain and analyze various brand and category pages on our site. This position is accountable for the planning, strategy and set-up of creative on the site and work with the design, buying, planning, marketing, content and user experience teams to create and execute the merchandising plan.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain an acute awareness of the business context; including customer intent, competitive pressures, and internal variables (ie. branding objectives, stock position, pricing, deliveries, site performance, etc.)
- Leverage web analytics to understand performance of and customer interaction with site content, such as categories, featured placements (including promotions/sales) and general online shopping experiences to identify business opportunities and risks
- Collaborate with and inform the Merchandising and Marketing Teams to ensure assortments, promotional activity and customer communications lead to desired business results
- Manage site content calendars
- Manage regular reporting on site performance and communicate to partners in Marketing, Merchandising and Site Operations
- Drive improvement in the performance of the site and help drive projects and initiatives to further enhance the shopping experience
- Collaborate with Marketing to support strategies for all online marketing channels to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Work closely with internal teams to create and manage site-wide campaigns
- Responsible for working with the creative team to represent product, brand and intention
- Ensure that all merchandising, marketing and promotional deadlines are met
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in e-commerce merchandising or web analytics
- Ability to work with visual design, buying, content, marketing and planning organizations
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience with web technology platforms/working with a content management system to update pages
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Cross-functional project management skills, self-starter and accustomed to leading projects with little supervision
- Ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Possesses critical thinking skills, supported by an understanding of web analytics and its applications
- Skilled in researching, reviewing and communicating results in non-technical terms to a variety of audiences
- Strong understanding and passion for websites, UI and Visual Site Merchandising
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
What you didn’t know about the team:
- Combined, we have 41 years of retail experience!
Wanna see who you'll be working with?
Meet Some of Zappos's Employees
Using advanced financial reporting systems, Kar collects, analyzes, and monitors Zappos' financial data. He presents the company's Management Team with reliable snapshots of performance to support business operations.
Back to top