Software Engineer Il
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Software Engineer, you will be developing a mix of new features for the site as well as investigating cutting-edge technologies to make the site better (either more robust, able to handle more transactions, or simply provide a better customer experience).
- Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services using modern technology and methodologies
- Capturing and analyzing data to improve system capabilities
- Building fault-tolerant systems that can process billions of requests per day and have the ability to enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Understanding of expert software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Capability in connecting with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product approach
- A solid understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store, and communication layers
- Hands-on skill in many incongruent technologies, typically fluctuating from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, required
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, required
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis, required
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl, required
- BS or MS in Computer Science
What you didn’t know about the team: We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar!
Meet Some of Zappos's Employees
Using advanced financial reporting systems, Kar collects, analyzes, and monitors Zappos' financial data. He presents the company's Management Team with reliable snapshots of performance to support business operations.
Back to top