- United States
Who We Are
The Digital Customer Experience team at Zappos enables customers to quickly and efficiently discover products and
make purchasing decisions on the home, landing, search, and product detail page experiences. We’re a diverse group
of engineers, UX designers, and product/project managers creating, testing, and iterating on next-generation shopping
experiences to build an easy-to-use, performant, and reliable shopping platform for our customers.
Who We're Looking For
We’re looking for a self-motivated software engineer capable of building, deploying, and maintaining front and backend applications that serve millions of requests per day.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Evolving and building services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency.
- Maintaining the server and application layer codebase that is the backbone of our web properties.
- Developing interactive, accessible, performant, and secure UIs for Zappos.com and/or other web properties within the Zappos Family, using HTML, CSS, JS, and other web technologies.
- Collaborating with diverse teams to plan, prototype, build, and maintain new features.
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering industry experience.
- Knowledgeable with modern programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Experience with AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Experience with version control (e.g Git).
- Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or combined equivalent of education and/or
- Experience with React, Redux, JSX, SASS (or other CSS preprocessors).
- Knowledgeable with other languages like Node.js, Python, Elixir, or Ruby.
- Experience building responsive, cross-browser UIs conforming to web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG).
- Knowledgeable about SEO.
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment and using GNU tools.
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Back to top