Site Reliability Engineer
What you'll be doing:
- Helping various teams automate various tedium with Python using industry standard best practices
- Refining current automatons, including tools used for infrastructure management.
- Design and build applications to improve the availability, latency, scalability, and performance of our systems.
- Build automations to respond to first level issues, striving to fix them automatically.
- Drafting new standards for the creation of tools and processes.
- Nursing our poor XMPP bot back to health and adding new features.
- Connecting existing 3rd party tools to other internal tools, making a big ol' web of data mining goodness.
- Eating good foods and sharing friendship.
- Playing a Nintendo game or two, or becoming a Tetris Grandmaster.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Python engineering experience, including building and running enterprise applications at scale.
- Linux expertise, from shell all the way down to the kernel, including internals and networking.
- Building and running containerized applications using Docker.
- A strong love of making things easier on yourself and others by automating the heck out of everything...From putting pants on to building an 18 story building (in Python!).
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is fun and borderline wacky. Maybe an excessive amount of wacky. Maybe not that much wacky. Definitely fast paced. Did I say wacky?
- Networking experience (working with switches, firewalls, routers, packet sniffers, load balancers).
- SAN/NAS experience (IBM SVC, V7000, XIV, DS Series, NetApp, FC, iSCSI, NFS).
- Any other automation experience (Selenium, JMeter, Powershell, ActiveState Perl/Python).
- Any other cross platform programming languages C, C++, Go, Java, Erlang, Haskell, COBOL (j/k... maybe).
- Experience in Python web frameworks.
- HTML and CSS experience (design, what-not).
- Shipyard experience. We like boats. Boat expertise optional.
- Proficiency with a certain manufacturer of foam dart gun. (You know the one we mean).
What you didn't know about the team:
- They are just as wacky and random as this job description.
Back to top