Senior Software Engineer II
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, mentor and inspire fellow technology Zapponians
- Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services using modern technology and methodologies
- Facilitate difficult conversations between disparate technical and business perspectives balancing short term needs vs setting up the company for long term success with an eye towards limiting the buildup of technical debt
- Capturing and analyzing data to improve system capabilities
- Building fault-tolerant systems that can process billions of requests per day and have the ability to enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Expertise in mentoring and advising software engineers to develop their skills and help them become happier and more successful
- Passion for technology and determination to solve technology problems and pursue new technology challenges
- Understanding of modern software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including system documentation, source control management, build processes, automated testing, monitoring and system operations
- Deep understanding of HTTP, SSL, and other common web protocols
- Deep understanding of all software layers of web applications including UI, service, data store, and communication layers
- Experience in synchronous and asynchronous processing models surrounding platforms
- Experience building comprehensive self-hosted and cloud-based solutions for large enterprises
- Hands-on skill in many incongruent technologies, typically fluctuating from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Comprehensive understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Proficiency in modern static and dynamic programming languages
- Ability to connect with users, technical teams, and leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product approach
- BS or MS in Computer Science
What you didn’t know about the team: We have a yearly "Beer Mile" competition at our tech picnic, so be ready to run or cheer for your favorite Zappos Dev!
Meet Some of Zappos's Employees
Using advanced financial reporting systems, Kar collects, analyzes, and monitors Zappos' financial data. He presents the company's Management Team with reliable snapshots of performance to support business operations.
Back to top