Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Las Vegas, NV
Zappos.com is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer!
Work remotely due to COVID-19
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer. Some of the technologies we use are React, Redux, Node, Elixir, Java, and AWS. Our general approach is language agnostic, choosing the best language for the job.
Being able to design applications from top to bottom, troubleshooting and fixing tough problems, hitting quick deadlines, knowing when to push back on requirements, mentoring other developers, raising the bar on coding standards, and providing meaningful feedback on code changes will all be very important parts of this role. Knowing a programming language or two like the back of your hand will also come in very handy.
We are ideally looking for a "T-shaped developer"—someone who has a broad interest and understanding of technology and the web, but also has deep interest in a specialized area. However, being a Zappos developer sometimes isn’t a full-time programming job. We want someone who has their own big ideas, loves brainstorming sessions, and will participate in user research.
What you’d bring to the table:
- 5-7+ years production software development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Solid computer science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with web services
- Experience with unit/integration testing
Preferred experience that really excites us:
- Strong frontend development skills
- Experience with React, Nodejs and Redux
- Experience with AWS technologies including DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, SQS, SNS, S3
- Experience with dev ops automation and continuous deployment
What kind of people do we want?
Zappos Tech is always in search of people that are self-starters, visionary thinkers, and people who don’t mind a little bit of ambiguity. There are many open ended problems that there are no solutions for...yet.
Back to top