Senior Front-End Engineer
- United States
The front-end team at Zappos (a.k.a. FEZ) is a close-knit group of developers looking for a highly skilled front-end engineer who truly cares about web standards and customer experience. We work to make sure Zappos.com is maintainable, speedy, and stable. We are always looking for new ways to make things better for our customers, so you will always have lots of interesting problems to solve.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building interactive and accessible UIs for Zappos.com using HTML, CSS, JS, and other web technologies.
- Collaborating with diverse teams to plan, prototype, build, and maintain new features.
- Leveraging your expertise by coaching and mentoring others.
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
What You’ll Need To Bring:
- Minimum 6 years of front-end engineering industry experience.
- Expertise with semantic HTML.
- Mastery in creating responsive layouts using CSS.
- Intimate knowledge of web browsers, page performance, and the DOM.
- Experience building UIs conforming to web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG)
- Experience with version control (e.g Git).
- Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong web portfolio or showcase of code (e.g. GitHub, GitLab). *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Web Development, Computer Science, or combined equivalent of education and/or
What Really Excites Us:
- Expertise with React, Redux, JSX, SASS (or other CSS preprocessors).
- Knowledgeable with other languages like Node.js, Python, Elixir, or Ruby.
- Experience with SEO.
- Comfortability working in a *nix environment and using GNU tools.
- Exposure to AWS.
- 4ƴ years e-commerce experience with a large retailer.
What You Didn’t Know About The Team
- Beyond all the technology, FEZ tries to blaze the trail of what it means to be a family and drive culture in a place where the bar is already set high. We like to occasionally take time during the workday for team outings whether
What We Need from You:
- Along with your resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the company and this
- In the cover letter, please tell us what your favorite HTML tag or CSS property is and why you find it the most
- Also, please include an online portfolio showcasing the projects you’ve developed.
- Without a portfolio or showcase of code, your application may not be considered. Please show off those awesome
- skills you have – we wanna see them!
What Else We’ll Consider:
- If you are an experienced front-end engineer who took a break from the professional world and is eager to get back at
- it, please apply! We’d love to get the right candidate ramped up and comfortable with current best practices and tools.
Back to top