Senior Financial Analyst
What you’ll be doing:
As an analyst on the FP&A team, you will play a key role in the business planning process and provide analytical and strategic support to internal customers throughout our business as well as our parent company, Amazon.com.
Additionally you will be become a strategic business partner to assigned functional areas and support the drive for spend optimization and efficiency creation.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be challenged to grow professionally by mastering advanced quantitative analysis and modeling skills. You will become a subject matter expert in your assigned functional areas and use your financial prowess to develop financial and data models to aid in providing actionable, insightful analysis.
- Act as a strategic business partner to multiple areas of the business that we support
- Play a role in implementing the company business planning and budgeting process
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced financial models that provide a platform for decision making on a variety of business issues
- Provide analytical and decision-making support for key company initiatives.
- Conceptualize, create and maintain dashboards that displays relevant business data to leadership that aid in quickly assessing the health of the business
- Analyze KPI’s to identify trends and improve operational efficiencies
- Develop and run ad hoc reports and database queries
- Assist with other tasks to ensure the FP&A team meets their deliverables
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW co-workers, supervisors, external contacts, etc. with a focus on Doing More With Less
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree required; Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of analytical work experience in merchandising, marketing, finance or accounting
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills with advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with relational databases and SQL knowledge
- Well-rounded financial technologist familiar with industry best practices (data augmentation, merging, archival, etc.)
- Ability to understand workflow processes and systems
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, and BPC helpful
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
What you didn’t know about the team:
- Each year around Halloween the entire FP&A team puts on an incredibly terrifying haunted house for the Zappos employees
Meet Some of Zappos's Employees
Using advanced financial reporting systems, Kar collects, analyzes, and monitors Zappos' financial data. He presents the company's Management Team with reliable snapshots of performance to support business operations.
Back to top