What you'll be doing:
- Handle all aspects of the day-to-day pricing process: timely review of conditions that require price changes, update or review and approve rule changes in pricing system, troubleshoot and resolve pricing issues.
- Considering the overall business situation develop insightful analyses to discover pricing opportunities and suggest appropriate changes to pricing strategies. Review and agree strategy changes with business leaders.
- Implement pricing strategy changes and short term pricing actions: assess financial impact, review changes with business stakeholders, translate changes into pricing rules, implement and test those in the pricing system, recap the financial impact and make adjustments as necessary.
- Collaborate with merchandisers, buyers, marketing, finance and technology to ensure efficient and effective price setting; this includes suggesting and implementing improvements to the pricing process, policy, procedure, systems and training.
- For system enhancements work with the technology team to clarify the need and business impact of enhancements, validate the functional design, test and provide feedback on the solution and ensure its adoption.
- Support the implementation of sales programs ensuring an appropriate pricing strategy is established and can be implemented technically.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 3 years+ experience in Finance, Sales, Marketing or Operations with exposure to pricing strategy, price setting, pricing processes or pricing systems; experience in retail or e-commerce is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal education in a relevant field, such as economics, business administration, marketing, finance
- Exposure to or previous experience in developing and running a customer facing process or program
- Ability to devise an analytical approach to solving a business problem
- Understanding of basic pricing and pricing related concepts, such as price elasticity, price differentiation, value based pricing, marginal cost, break-even analysis.
- General understanding of the business model of retail and e-commerce operations
- Understand the interdependencies between marketing activities, financial goals , assortment planning, buying and pricing
- Ability to organize, prioritize and keep on top of a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to communicate succinctly, verbally as well as in writing, with different levels of stakeholders
- Experience in creating a data backed business case for changing a process, approach or strategy
- Attention to detail, ability to detect data inconsistencies
- Strong sense of ownership
What you didn't know about the team:
- While strategic pricing and analytics bore some people its what gets our team going
Back to top