The Merchandise Planner works closely with Zappos Merchandising to achieve optimal inventory levels, drive sales and profitability. Evaluate and make recommendations on buyers’ brand/supplier plans. Assess for reasonability, opportunity, and risk.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping build, reconcile and aligning sales and inventory plans to achieve financial objectives
- Preparing and updating monthly open-to-buy forecasts
- Maximizing sales, turn and profitability
- Helping assess and identifying brand opportunities
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with members of cross-functional teams
- Collaborating with team to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge
- Assisting in planning/forecasting markdown activity.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years experience in retail planning and analysis
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent logical analysis, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience in Excel other Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- E-commerce experience strongly preferred
What you didn't know about the team:
Every Thursday we get together as a team for Thunderous Thursday…we generally play games like movie trivia, Catch Phrase or Minute to Win It.
Back to top