The Merchandise Planner works closely with Zappos Merchandising to achieve optimal inventory levels, drive sales and profitability. Evaluate and make recommendations on buyers’ brand/supplier plans. Assess for reasonability, opportunity, and risk.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping build, reconcile and aligning sales and inventory plans to achieve financial objectives
- Preparing and updating monthly open-to-buy forecasts
- Maximizing sales, turn and profitability
- Helping assess and identifying brand opportunities
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with members of cross-functional teams
- Collaborating with team to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge
- Assisting in planning/forecasting markdown activity.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years experience in retail planning and analysis
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent logical analysis, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience in Excel other Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- E-commerce experience strongly preferred
What you didn't know about the team:
Every Thursday we get together as a team for Thunderous Thursday…we generally play games like movie trivia, Catch Phrase or Minute to Win It.
Meet Some of Zappos's Employees
Using advanced financial reporting systems, Kar collects, analyzes, and monitors Zappos' financial data. He presents the company's Management Team with reliable snapshots of performance to support business operations.
Back to top