Lead Software Engineer, Android
Zappos.com is looking for a Lead Software Engineer, Android!
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be a key member of the Zappos Android team, with opportunities to take on a large amount of ownership and responsibility across several different products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to define, design, and ship new features.
- Leverage your Android development experience to educate colleagues, and to influence design, architecture and implementation approaches within the team.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve the customer experience and maximise development velocity.
- Ship high quality solutions efficiently.
- Closely monitor application performance and respond with urgency to operational issues and bugs.
- Design, implement and launch projects with significant complexity or that improve larger architecture deficiencies.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of software development experience with at least 2 years of native Android app development experience.
- Strong Java and Android SDK development skills.
- Strong knowledge of development tools such as Android Studio, git, and gradle.
- Working knowledge of RxJava, Dagger, OkHttp, Retrofit and Android architecture components or a strong desire to learn.
- Automated test experience.
- The ability to drive projects forward and work through problems and solutions independently.
- A good sense of balance between pragmatic solutions and delivering high quality software that adheres to industry best practices.
- A solid understanding of design approaches (and how to best use them).
What you didn't know about the team:
Our apps have been featured numerous times in the Play Store. We have a strong emphasis on design, and have been an early adopter of each iteration of Material Design. A collaboration with Google earlier this year lead to our app being featured at Google I/O. Check out the write up here: https://material.io/articles/material-partner-studies.html. We’re passionate about Kotlin, RxJava and all things Android. Let's talk!
See Inside the Office of Zappos
Zappos, a subsidiary of Amazon, is a leader in online apparel and footwear sales, striving to provide shoppers the best possible service and selection. Zappos carries millions of products from over 1,000 footwear and apparel brands. Established in 1999, the company is located in Las Vegas, NV and has approximately 1,500 Zapponians committed to delivering WOW service each and every day.
Back to top