Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
Yubico is looking for a Software Engineer who is innovative and has a passion for building SaaS solutions to enable the integration and lifecycle of YubiKeys into a variety of customer environments. In this role, you will be part of the team that takes new ideas that leverage our YubiKey devices from prototypes to production services. Our team is focused on building integrated, end-to-end solutions that enable a range of authentication and authorization experiences across enterprises and the Web. We are introducing multi-factor and passwordless experiences to strengthen defenses against account takeovers while also aiming to raise the usability bar of security.
In this role you will be able to:
- Hone your skills in designing and developing scalable and globally-distributed cloud services that are used by a variety of Enterprise customers on Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experiment, create prototypes, and refine your work based on user feedback, industry standards, and business needs
- Work collaboratively across functions - Product Managers, UX designers, Support Engineers, Logistics, and Finance
- Work with a variety of technologies and increase your experience in many areas, ranging from cloud platform services, and REST design, to data compliance, and protocols such as OTP, FIDO, OpenPGP Card, and WebAuthn
- Available to participate in an on-call rotation
- Bachelor or MS in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Proven experience of building commercial, customer-facing services on a cloud platform
- Proficiency in following web standards, applying cross-browser compatibility and accessibility techniques, and in building responsive applications
- Experience practicing good coding habits, including design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and practicing agile methodology
- UI/UX design skills
- AWS or GCP cloud platforms and services
- Experience with a NoSQL database, REST APIs
- Design expertise and experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools to support a variety of platforms - from desktop to mobile
- An interest in learning security and identity technologies such as Identity Management, Access Control, SAML, OAuth2, Microsoft Certificate Services, Azure Active Directory Federation, PKI, Open ID, and FIDO standards
- Some experience with back-end software development: designing, building, and testing APIs (e.g. Java, Go, etc.)
Here are some Yubico awards we are proud to share!
Honorable Mention in the General Excellence category as part of Fast Company's 2021 World Changing Ideas Awards
YubiKey 5C NFC named 'Best All-Around Security' in 2021 by ZDNet
YubiKey 5Ci named 'Best Mobile Device at CES 2019' from WIRED Magazine
Yubico named 'Identity Trailblazer' of the year at Microsoft Security 20/20 event
Yubico is listed as one of the 'Largest Greater Bay Area Cybersecurity Companies' by the San Francisco Business Times
Check our Engineering and Infrastructure LinkedIn page for more information about the team!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, veteran or disability status. We'd love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Yubico does not accept agency resumes or referrals. Please do not send resumes or referrals to our careers staff or employees. Yubico is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or referrals.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at email@example.com to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.