Software Engineer (Android)
- Stockholm, Sweden
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
We're looking for a software engineer to join our team in Stockholm. Together, we'll be working on a variety of our projects, from open source libraries and SDKs which empower other developers to create amazing things with our products, to command line tools for managing and using YubiKeys and YubiHSMs, as well as graphical apps for mobile and desktop platforms.
Help us out by providing your skills with Android, Kotlin and the JVM platform. Your focus will be on our Java projects, from libraries used both in a server environment as well as on clients, to improving on our Android SDK and apps. You'll be working with authentication protocols like FIDO2/WebAuthn, on low level device communication over USB and NFC, and using cryptography to implement open standards. On-call support will be needed for this role.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Development, testing, release, and support of Java libraries and Android apps to support Yubico's products
- Become a valued member of our cross-functional engineering team, collaborating with our iOS and desktop app developers, jointly driving our products and offerings forward
- Learn, and adapt to new technology by staying ahead of software development trends and techniques
- Bachelor or MS in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with a full Java and Android developer workflow: from setting up a development environment to publishing to Maven repositories and the Google Play store
- Proficient knowledge of Java and the Java ecosystem, from build tools to common frameworks
- Ability to write code that is secure, readable, testable, well documented and easy to maintain
- Experience with open source and the open source community
- Able to take initiative, maintain a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and work effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to set up automated builds and tests in a CI system, such as Github Actions or similar.
- Android and Kotlin experience is desired (common frameworks, an understanding of Android design patterns and API design)
- Lower-level (compiled to native binaries, eg. C) programming experience is beneficial
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, veteran or disability status. We'd love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.
Back to top