Senior Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
Yubico is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is innovative and has a passion for building security solutions and contributing to the design of cutting-edge devices. In this role, you will be part of the team that brings new ideas from prototypes to software solutions that would leverage our Yubikey devices. Our team is focused on building an integrated end to end solutions leveraging YubiKey hardware to enable a range of authentication and authorization experiences across enterprises and the Web. We are introducing multi-factor and passwordless experiences to strengthen the defenses against account takeovers, while we at the same time also aim at raising the usability bar of security. In this role you will be able to:
- Bachelor or MS in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Proven experience build commercial, customer-facing services on Amazon AWS or Google GCP platforms
- Strong Java/Rust/C++/C# or any other object-oriented programming skills with a good knowledge of Data Structures/Algorithms
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell)
- An interest in security, applied cryptography, Identity Management, and Access Control
- Expert - level understanding of AWS API Gateway, AWS Cognito, AWS Lambda, AWS CloudWatch, Google AppEngine and GKI
- Experience in developing Web front-end applications
- Understanding of security systems and Identity platforms. This may include Microsoft Certificate Services, Azure Active Directory Federation, PKI, Open ID, and similar technologies
- Familiarity with FIDO standards and protocols (e.g. U2F, WebAuthN)
- Experience with integrating/building open source software and working with the open-source community
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at email@example.com to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.
Back to top