Senior Graphic Designer
- Palo Alto, CA
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
Yubico is looking for a Senior UI/Graphic Designer to produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our needs in marketing, packaging, product UI, and more. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, expertly and rapidly moving between the worlds of online and print design. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, artful design, possess superior UI design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. To be successful in this role, you should also have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures, whitepapers, event graphics, and product packaging. You will report directly to the VP, Design & Creative. The role is located in downtown Palo Alto.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various constituencies within Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing to develop designs that achieve the desired goals
- Contribute to website design development and refinement
- Conceptualize and develop strategies that reduce roadblocks to conversion rates, improve website performance, and enhance user experience across devices (desktop, mobile)
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Construct elegant, clean, and consistent visual and experiential solutions to support user behavior goals across multiple devices
- Within a team environment, contribute to the development of templates, style guides, pattern libraries and/or design specs for our website, marketing materials
- Design and produce marketing collateral, social graphics, online display ads
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to production (online & print)
Skills and Experience:
- 5-10+ years experience with proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed website design projects showing ability to conceive and develop creative design directions, from initial sketches, to high fidelity comps, to final design assets and specifications
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Zeplin and Invision. Also, experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of applications (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign),
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Photography and/or video experience a plus
- Up-to-date with the latest UI design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field. BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related a plus
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.
Back to top