Yubico, the inventor of the YubiKey (security key), makes secure login easy and available for everyone. Backed by major investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Meritech Capital, AMF, and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce, the company is led by an inspirational female CEO and founder. Millions of individuals in over 160+ countries rely on the YubiKey to protect their accounts, and companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and the U.S. State Government rely on our technology to keep their employees secure. We are a multinational, fast-growing company offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
At Yubico, we offer:
Freedom and Flexibility: At Yubico, we want you to be your most productive selves whether you decide to work 100% from home or choose to work hybrid/onsite. The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth company and sustainability is making rest a priority. There are some roles, however, that do require onsite presence in one of our local offices and you can find specific details on those respective job descriptions.
Yubico Values: We work to ensure that our employees have an open space to have their voices amplified to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels like they belong. Aligned with this, our employees have created some pretty cool Employee Resource Groups: YubiPride, YubiBIPOC, YubiSustainability and YubiWomen. Additionally, Yubico donates YubiKeys to organizations in need all over the world (you can read more about our work here).
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter, and we love spending time with our team! Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Yubico celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. We host an all-team event in a new location every year where we plan for upcoming quarters, set goals, and most importantly, host fun events to encourage team building outside of the workplace. Check out our Life at Yubico Page on LinkedIn and our awards here.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Engineer (Sales Engineer) to join the security revolution! In this role you will work as part of the Yubico Solutions organization and play a critical role in establishing technical credibility and confidence with our prospective clients leveraging your experience and drive to envision, position and sell Yubico’s products. You will work closely with sales reps and channel partners to define and communicate how we can best achieve our customers goals with Yubico solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establish yourself as a resident subject matter expert on Yubico’s products and ecosystem
- Strategize with sales reps to help achieve target sales quotas
- Build strong relationships with prospects and establish technical credibility to help advance deals
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and look for opportunities to expand their product usage and improve their security posture where relevant
- Build and deliver successful Proofs of Concept (PoCs), deployment planning, and technical consulting engagements
- Actively communicate with engineering and marketing with respect to evolving customer requirements in the marketplace
- Continually assist with solutions development to expand to new target markets and industries
- Improve the customer’s experience through conferences, workshops, and written documentation
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Support and be comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a young innovative company
- Work with customers remotely and in person
- 4 or more years of experience in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as a Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer or a Pre-sales background
- Able to configure and install enterprise technologies including network infrastructure, virtualization, web applications, Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Able to troubleshoot Windows, Mac, and Linux environments
- Knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including two-factor authentication, IAM, Single Sign-On, VPN, various authentication protocols (OATH, SAML, OpenID, ADFS, FIDO)
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
- Travel: Expected to be 20-40% (non-essential travel is currently limited based on regional COVID-19 safety guidelines and will resume in line with new guidelines as they evolve)
- Location: Remote
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
- Salary and Benefits: Competitive Salary + Variable + Benefits + Stock Options
Due to job requirements of this position, this role requires candidates to be fully vaccinated. Yubico will make reasonable accommodations for candidates with a valid medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
Our U. S. benefits are designed for your overall well-being:
Health coverage. We’ve got you covered with top of the line health plans, including dental and vision. We pay 100% of your premium and 85% for your family.
Retirement plan. Our retirement plan includes a 401K dollar per dollar match up to 6% with a cap of $6K/year. Immediate vesting.
Wellness reimbursement. We provide you with $100 monthly reimbursement that you can use on your gym membership, a massage, or your favorite online fitness classes.
Equity in the company. We’re all in this together. We offer a stock options program so you can have a solid stake in Yubico’s success, which we think is pretty cool.
Learning and development. We encourage your professional growth and offer a yearly development stipend of $3,000 and mentorship program.
Time off. We offer a total of 15 vacation days plus 10 holidays, and 7 sick days a year.
Paid parental leave. We love welcoming new members to our YubiFamily! You will have 8 weeks paid 100% so you can take care of your new family.
Commuter Benefits. If you need to commute to the office, we offer commuter benefits.
Strong mission & company values. We’re a global team on a global mission to make the internet more secure for everyone. We believe that every person’s work matters. That you should always be nice, stay humble, and have fun, and never take yourself too seriously.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We'd love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Yubico does not accept agency resumes or referrals so please do not send them to our careers staff or employees. Yubico is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or referrals.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for managing Yubico’s recruitment activities, which include facilitating any application you make, setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing results and selecting candidates, and as otherwise needed in our recruitment and onboarding processes. The use of your personal data may also be necessary prior to entering into a contract with you (that is prior to offering you a job with Yubico). Your personal data will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with the Yubico Privacy Notice. We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary and in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies. If you have asked us to, we will keep you informed of other opportunities at Yubico. We do this in various ways, including email and by phone. If at any time you do not want us to contact you or use your information as described herein please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community.
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements. The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights. In this notice, when we refer to "Yubico", "us", "we" or "our", we mean the Yubico group company or companies that you apply to, or correspond with, and which are responsible for any personal data collected about you.