Product Designer - hardware & software
- Stockholm, Sweden
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
At Yubico, we’re looking for a designer that will help us better serve our users and our partners to make the \Internet safer for everyone. As the inventor of the security key, Yubico has always known that ease of use is a driving force for not just adoption but a passion for our customers. You are here to continue to reinforce and expand on the foundation of Yubico’s business - our founder’s driving belief that security can not only be more effective but also more usable. You are a team player who always assumes the best intent, builds strong relationships, and catalyzes the work environment by leading through learning.
“It’s not enough that we build products that function, that are understandable and usable, we also need to build products that bring joy and excitement, pleasure and fun, and yes, beauty to people’s lives.” - Don Norman
Yubico is looking for a product designer that is a great communicator, creative, and able to quickly generate new ideas & concepts. You can take designs all the way through to finished products creating the guidelines & specifications for the hardware engineers and the software that supports the YubiKey. You will drive design thinking across the hardware, firmware, and software teams to elevate the user experience across product development for new YubiKeys. You’ll strive to understand and empathize with people to help your cross-functional team solve the most impactful customer & business problems.
You are someone who loves to:
- Draw and make beautiful things
- Be curious, self-motivated, have strong opinions but are thirsty for new inputs that would improve an idea
- Measure your successes and drive decisions with research, testing, and the right amount of data
- Enjoy communicating in a language that individuals understand across different teams, including product management, marketing, solutions, hardware engineering, software engineering, and business development
- Connect with team members across different backgrounds and countries
- Find the potential in people and processes, and have the courage to develop that potential
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Systems or Industrial Design
- 5+ years of designing elegant hardware and digital products, strong in visual communication, preferably in Security or some other highly regulated industry such as Medical, Aerospace, or Automotive
- Possess a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing methods (Plastic Injection Mold, Metal Injection Molding, Machining, Stamping)
- Solidworks or other 3D CAD tools
- Experience with prototyping using 3D printers
- Thorough understanding of design thinking, usability, accessibility, and testing of hardware devices
- Familiarity with rendering tools (Arnold, Octane)
- Portfolio showing interaction designs connected to hardware devices
- 3D software tools (Maya, C4D, Blender)
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, veteran or disability status. We'd love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at email@example.com to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.
Back to top