Principal Enterprise Product Designer - Cloud Applications
- Palo Alto, CA
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, a hardware-based token, revolutionized secure logins for top Internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
At Yubico, we’re looking for an enterprise product designer that will help us better serve our users and our partners to make the internet safer for everyone. You help us build more than user interfaces and products, you create engaging and elegant experiences.
“It’s not rocket science. It’s a social science – the science of understanding people’s needs and their unique relationship with art, literature, history, music, work, philosophy, community, technology, and psychology. The act of design is structuring and creating that balance.” -Clement Mok
Yubico is looking for an enterprise product designer that is a great communicator, creative, and able to quickly generate new ideas & concepts. You pick up the pen and show leadership through pictures. You understand that in B2B products, our users & customers may be vastly different and that technical constraints can play a major role. You can take designs all the way through to finished products, creating guidelines, and specifications for the rest of the team.
In this role you will be able to:
- Work collaboratively with Product Management & Engineering to define the product information architecture and user interface
- Research and understand our users & customers to understand and drive decisions with the right amount of data
- Champion usable security and the understanding that our users are everyone from our end customers to our standards body partners to our peers inside Yubico
- Enjoy communicating in a language that individuals understand across different teams, including product management, marketing, solutions, engineering, and business development
- Connect with team members across different backgrounds and countries
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Bachelor of Science or Bachelors of Engineering or Masters of Fine Arts, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of designing elegant digital products, strong in technical systems & design thinking
- Portfolio showing: designs, prototypes, and concepts for enterprise web applications, cloud-based SaaS apps
- Proven experience in designing UI for desktop applications on Windows & MacOS platforms
- Fun, open-minded, collaborative, and creative attitude
- Thorough understanding of usability, accessibility, and testing
- Created or adapted design methodology using tools like Jira to interface with engineering teams using Agile / Scrum Methodology
- Experience working with a design system using Figma
- Design Strategy - lead workshops and write requirements documentation for UI across desktop and web properties
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative & quantitative studies across many user groups
- Prototyping: Webflow, XAML, Swift UI
- Experience developing Android & iOS applications
- Design and experience in authentication, authorization, and access control interfaces
- Computer science or computer engineering background or equivalent industry experience preferred
Our benefits include:
Comprehensive health plans, including dental and vision
Equity in the company
Learning and development
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, veteran or disability status. We'd love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for the legitimate business interests of managing Yubico’s recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be retained in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected including the consideration for relevant future employment opportunities.
If you do not want us to reach out to you or use your information as described herein please contact us at email@example.com to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements.The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights.
Back to top