Software Engineer Team Leader
Yotpo is a technology-driven company that builds a range of innovative products primarily for online businesses. Our mission is to help them acquire, convert, retain, and understand customers through user-generated content.
We’re looking for a highly talented R&D team leader to manage a team of full-stack developers, work cross-functionally between departments and set the technical & cultural tone for the team.
The team leader must combine business and technical acumen to accompany the entire development lifecycle, from planning to successfully releasing products to customers.The team leader will work intimately with the product managers, designers, and other stakeholders throughout the entire process.
• Lead a team of software engineers who are working closely with product management for achieving business goals.
• Provide a technical authority to your team, by demonstrating an hands-on leadership style.
• Putting special focus on team growth challenges.
• Responsible for the overall design, development, architecture, code quality and production environment deployment of your team.
• Proactively define and lead R&D agile methodologies as well as processes with other business teams.
• BSc in computer science or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in people management in a similar role.
• Experienced and passionate about managing and growing people.
• Broad knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
• At least 5 years of proven experience building complex web applications.
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
• Experience in engineering best practices (code-reviews, testing coverage, agile methodologies).
• Experience with frontend technologies like Angular, React, Ember etc- Advantage.
Nice to have:
• Comfort in Unix/Linux environments.
• Good understanding of Agile/Scrum.
• DevOps capabilities – experience with automating build, deployment environments building, CI, etc.
Meet Some of Yotpo's Employees
Head of Customer Lifecycle
Alex works hard to make using Yotpo simple and easy for customers, ensuring they’re cared for and guided each step of the way towards their eventual success.
Back to top