General Manager, APAC
- Alice Springs, Australia
*Please note: this role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
As the first ever General Manager, APAC at Yotpo, you will expand our footprint in the APAC region and establish, grow, and lead our local office in Australia.
This is a unique opportunity to build out a local office responsible for increasing Yotpo’s regional impact. You will recruit talent across various roles, empower teams to drive business results and lead efforts to foster an inclusive culture.
The General Manager, APAC will create, own, and execute our go-to market expansion plans for the region. You’ll have proven success across high growth B2B SaaS go-to-market organizations.
You’ll directly manage and lead the local Sales organization, as well as carry Yotpo’s revenues with support from the local Partnership, Demand Gen, and Customer Success teams.
If you shop online, you’ve likely used Yotpo. We’re the leading eCommerce marketing platform, helping thousands of forward-thinking brands like Patagonia, Rebecca Minkoff, MVMT, Bob’s Discount Furniture, and Steve Madden accelerate growth and create loyal customers. We’re a Series E, Forbes Cloud 100 company and perennial Best Place to Work with offices in New York, London, Boston, Sofia, and Tel Aviv.
Note to agencies: We aren't currently soliciting agency partnerships for this role.
- Build and execute Yotpo’s regional expansion plan, including office management, hiring, goals setting, and reporting.
- Grow the local team to meet the aggressive growth plans for Yotpo in the region, build and work through the regional P&L and monitor the team’s results.
- Lead, coach, and develop the local talents to achieve their goals - from sales coaching, demand gen priorities, customer service challenges, and more.
- Work with the team to prioritize deals in the pipe and close new ACV for Yotpo in the region, from SMB accounts to large Enterprises - you’ll need to drive the local sales capacity for success.
- Identify & support the execution of local Partnerships and Marketing initiatives that will educate our customers, prospects, and partners and help increase Yotpo brand awareness and demand generation within the region.
- Participate and lead strategic customer meetings or engaging other corporate resources (per need basis).
- Speak, attend & network at industry events & meet-ups to evangelize Yotpo to prospective partners and merchants.
- Consistently provide Yotpo’s corporate team with clear market feedback on regional trends, merchant needs, competitor intel, product requirements, & pricing gaps and opportunities to increase efficiencies and accelerate the regional growth.
- Meeting with the global leadership on a regular basis to review the regional performance.
- 10+ years experience in Sales/Channel leadership roles (GM/MD/Country Manager or similar) in mid-large size SaaS-based marketing platforms, retail technology and/or digital agencies.
- Results driven, with success creating and owning business metrics and driving regional growth.
- An inspirational leader with a proven track record of hiring and developing large, high performing teams across a variety of roles and responsibilities.
- An entrepreneurial operator who can work autonomously and collaborate with cross-functional, globally distributed teams.
- Ability to independently make decisions, take actions, and learn and progress as we grow in the market.
- Savvy relationship builder and seasoned public speaker/presenter with the ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others
- Strong understanding of retail and digital marketing landscape with an existing network of eCommerce ecosystem relationships and hands-on experience helping eCommerce merchants achieve success.
- Must be a local resident based out of Sydney or Melbourne.
- Ability to work across time zones in the USA/EMEA.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in eCommerce.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Yotpo’s employee-centric culture has consistently earned us coveted spots on Crain’s and BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work lists. Directly inspired by employee feedback, Yotpo programming includes diversity & inclusion efforts, a mentorship program, and affinity groups like Yotpo Cares and Women at Work. You’ll be working alongside awesome people where your voice is heard and your perspective is encouraged.
Back to top