Senior Software Engineer, NYC
Since 2005, Yodle has grown to 1,400+ employees, and we’re not slowing down. With an unmatched combination of rapidly-developing technology, thoughtful data analysis, and expert levels of service, we make online marketing accessible to local businesses.
Everyone at Yodle plays a pivotal role in the company’s overall success. Here, there’s no such thing as slipping through the cracks. We’ve maintained our startup culture for a reason: to create an environment where you can own your ideas and run with them, no matter where you happen to fall on the org chart.
At Yodle, we use cutting-edge technology to give nimble business owners a competitive advantage in their customer interactions. We work on a broad range of business initiatives and objectives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools. Our tech stack is based on Java, Angular, Play, and Scala. Our purpose-built applications are designed as microservices and integrate with technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redis. We have a leading-edge continuous deployment pipeline that leverages Mesos, Docker, Marathon, Puppet, and Bamboo to provide rapid on-demand releases. Our developers, product managers and business representatives work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value solutions to our small business customers.
A great Engineer at Yodle is:
- Interested in solving challenging business problems with elegant software.
- Well-versed in software engineering principles and system design.
- A top-notch developer who enjoys building software products and quickly seeing how they work in the real world.
- Someone who enjoys working on a team of inspired, interesting and super-smart engineers.
- Excited to contribute in a rapidly growing and successful software company.
- You find passion in helping small businesses compete with the big guys.
- You’re kind of a data nerd and enjoy tracking and measuring performance to figure out ways to improve (and to find interesting patterns).
- You know how to have fun while you work.
What you’ll do at Yodle:
- Work on everything from backend, user-interface, and content management to messaging, database systems, and web services. You’ll design, code, test and run the systems.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
- Innovate. We constantly improve our core products and turn a prescient eye to the industry.
- Mentor Junior Engineers in best practices
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Lead Technical Trainings
- Assist in the recruiting process
- Excellent coding and design skills. You make software that works and can be tested and maintained.
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years experience.
- SQL proficiency, particularly PostgreSQL, is nice.
Yodle offers an excellent health and welfare package for you and your family, including a 401K match! Each office location offers its own unique set of perks such as free lunch, food trucks, contests, chair massages, gym memberships, commuter benefits, and don't forget about company happy hours!
Back to top