Public Relations Director
Since 2005, Yodle has grown to 1,400+ employees, and we’re not slowing down. With an unmatched combination of rapidly-developing technology, thoughtful data analysis, and expert levels of service, we make online marketing accessible to local businesses.
Everyone at Yodle plays a pivotal role in the company’s overall success. Here, there’s no such thing as slipping through the cracks. We’ve maintained our startup culture for a reason: to create an environment where you can own your ideas and run with them, no matter where you
happen to fall on the org chart.
happen to fall on the org chart.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Public Relations Manager will be tasked with maintaining and further building Web.com’s brand (and Web.com sub-brands) visibility and reputation. This individual will be critical to further positioning Web.com as a leader in online marketing, and showcasing the company’s brand, success, appeal, and culture.
In this important and highly visible position, our ideal candidate brings at least four years of PR experience. He or she is passionate about media relations, is highly proactive and self-motivated, and is a fast learner that can easily pick up company- and industry-speak. Most importantly, the candidate should be someone who can both think strategically as part of the overall Marketing team, but who is just as happy rolling up their sleeves to get quality work done quickly, efficiently and independently.
• Secure impactful media coverage in business, industry, vertical, and regional press including thought leadership articles, feature and company stories, product pieces, and entrepreneurial profiles
• Create, develop and manage relationships with key reporters and influencers to further increase awareness of Yodle’s industry-leading solutions, phenomenal growth and unmatched culture
• Generate editorial coverage by developing creative news pitches and story angles that resonate with the media
• Position Web as a thought leader in response to breaking industry news or trends
• Manage awards and speaking submissions
• Identify and execute on opportunities to elevate visibility of Web where our offices are located
• Write pre-briefing documents and media outreach reports
• Work collaboratively with company executives and different teams across the business to maximize opportunities
• Identify new and creative ways to get Web into the spotlight
• Manage editorial calendar opportunities
• Keep abreast of industry and competitive news and trends
•Proactively communicate progress internally
•Work closely with our PR agency on those initiatives that require additional resources (with the objective of minimizing the use of the external agency.
•Serve as a key member of the Marketing team, collaborating with colleagues on and off the team on projects, and taking on ad-hoc projects to support broader marketing goals from time to time
•Serve as key link between Jacksonville based executives and managers and Marketing team members in other offices—represent the broader Marketing team in Jacksonville
• Agency experience a plus
• Technology or online industry experience a plus
• Reputation management experience a plus
• Existing media relationships and ability to build new relationships
• Strong news sense and understanding of what it takes to generate impactful media coverage
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to craft persuasive and compelling written communications
• Experience in developing PR plans
• Comfortable interacting with and counseling executives and senior-level employees
• Basic understanding of social media platforms and how they can be integrated into a PR campaign
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
•Scrappy, can-do, and efficient style, with relevant track record of success and delivering on commitments
•Personal presence and poise to be able to represent the Web.com brand internally and externally
Minimum Experience Required:
• 7-10 years proven track record in PR
• Strong team player but also able to work independently
• Strong expertise in media relations and securing award and speaking opportunities.
Yodle offers an excellent health and welfare package for you and your family, including a 401K match! Each office location offers its own unique set of perks such as free lunch, food trucks, contests, chair massages, gym memberships, commuter benefits, and don't forget about company happy hours!
Back to top