Full Stack Web Developer
Web.com Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: WWWW) Web.com is one the most dynamic and fastest growing companies serving small business on the internet since 1997. The company now has over 3 million customers with revenues of approximately $500 million. Web.com separates itself from the competition through its comprehensive product offerings and personalized customer service. It is an organization where entrepreneurial spirit and human resourcefulness are encouraged and valued. Web.com provides a full range of Internet services to small businesses to help them compete and succeed online.
Web.com is a global domain registrar and further meets the needs of small businesses anywhere along their lifecycle with affordable, subscription-based solutions including website design and management, search engine optimization, online marketing campaigns, local sales leads, social media, mobile products, eCommerce solutions and call center services. For more information, please visit www.web.com; follow Web.com on Twitter @webdotcom or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/web.com.
As a member of the web.com Linux Hosting Platform team, you will be key in maintaining current and new hosting and email platform architecture, working on major software and hardware project initiatives and assisting in new technology, vendor, customer environment evaluations, audits and migrations.
- Build and maintain new platform system infrastructure
- Provide support for large server environment maintaining system standardization, security, software, and performance
- Development of support and system tools to help automate administration and support tasks
- Regularly determining new ways of improving existing environment discovering ways to implement new technology into existing infrastructure
- Proficient in various flavours of Linux
- Scripting languages; Shell scripts/Perl/php/python/lua etc
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, Apache/Nginx and SAN/NAS, databases, network and security
- Java and/or C/C++ programming skills preferred
- Experiences in cloud/virtualization, big-data and SOA is a plus
Back to top