Senior Data Analyst, Corporate ("Data Consultant")
- New York, NY
New datasets are being created every day and companies need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
About The Role:
YipitData was founded in 2010 and we have been the leading provider of alternative data to the hedge fund and other investment communities.
In early 2019 YipitData launched a new business unit providing data to corporations. Our Corporate business is growing quickly and we are expanding our data team by hiring a Senior Data Analyst (“Data Consultant”) who will be key to the success of the initiative.
Our Senior Data Analyst (“Data Consultant”) role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with 2-4 years of experience as you will help scale our Corporate business from the ground up and to build the core skills required to succeed on a team at the intersection of tech, data, and client-facing work.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- New product development: this early stage initiative gives you a unique chance to collaborate on product discovery, identify and empathize with customer pain points, and define the value proposition of our insights products
- Programming and data: learn (or sharpen) big data analysis skills, develop compelling data-driven analyses, and present to clients and prospects
- Learn and master Python, SQL, Pyspark, Tableau, Databricks, Airflow, and other leading big data analysis tools
- Sales and client strategy: on a given day, you might help to develop a sales pitch, brainstorm product positioning, or guide contract negotiations, all while ensuring an amazing experience in supporting our existing clients
You are likely to succeed if:
- You have 2-4 years of experience in an analytical and client-facing role within an existing B2B product team, management consulting, large FS institutions, economic consulting, or at a data provider
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to help build a new business from the ground up
- You are willing to persevere through the highs and lows of creating something new
- You are empathetic and have strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- You enjoy working with clients and understanding & addressing their pain points
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You have an ability to manage many different priorities
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we actually mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top