Sales Development Representative (Currently closed but expecting to reopen in Q2 2021)
- New York, NY
[We currently do not have an opening for our SDR position, but are planning to reopen this role sometime in Q2 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience, but please feel free to submit your resume by using the application link below and we will get back to you as soon as we reopen the role. We look forward to connecting with you soon!]
About The Role:
We are hiring a Sales Development Representative to help our Sales team engage new clients. Our newest Sales Development Representative will qualify inbound sales leads/opportunities, follow up with marketing qualified opportunities, as well as identify prospective opportunities and utilize a number of communication methods to begin a sales engagement.
The Sales Development Representative career progression is a path towards being a Sales Associate and then a Sales Executive, focused on bringing on and engaging new business.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Owning the inbound sales process by developing and iterating on the prospect experience, qualifying the opportunities and delivering the YipitData value proposition to ensure sales success
- Developing creative outbound sales skills by leveraging a number of communications methods including cold calling, cold emailing, direct mail, Bloomberg message and others
- Working with Hedge Funds and Investment Managers who rely on the next generation of alternative data research to help with their investments
- Collaborating with Marketing to optimize the opportunity conversion process
- Mapping out organizational structures of leading Hedge Funds and Investment Managers to identify prospective users
- Opportunity to develop skills across a broad range of sales technology tools such as Salesforce, Gong, Groove, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom Info, Asana and others
You are likely to succeed if:
- You have minimum 1-2 year of inside sales experience in a SDR, BDR, or Sales Executive role
- You are passionate about contributing to the future of data-driven investment research
- You are excited by understanding the needs of investment professionals
- You are creative and like to think of different ways to engage prospects
- You are empathetic and have strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- You have a highly positive outlook
- You are resourceful and excited to learn
- You have sound judgment when handling new situations
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & commission plan
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top