VP, Demand Generation & Marketing Operations
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Yext is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and data-driven self starter to join our Marketing Team in New York, NY, as our VP, Demand Generation & Marketing Operations. This role reports to the CMO and will lead a team in charge of the strategy, execution, reporting, and optimization of all paid media, email marketing, marketing automation, and lead flows in order to achieve our business objectives.
Who You Are
You are a leader who loves a good challenge and wants to build a killer team that thrives amidst cross-functional projects, aggressive deadlines, and change. You’re also a problem-solver, a data miner, and strategic thinker who loves rolling up the sleeves when necessary to get things done. Your deep knowledge of today’s marketing channels(digital and otherwise) is built upon a foundation of accountability. For you, it is not enough to launch a campaign; rather, you want to crunch the numbers in order to document performance and determine what can be improved the next time out.
Our dream candidate for the VP, Demand Generation & Marketing Operations will help fuel our growth well into the future. The individual will collaborate with Marketing and Revenue leaders to define lead generation goals, and then develop initiatives to meet or exceed those goals. The ideal candidate will also oversee the evolution of our Marketing Operations to document performance, manage budgets, and increase operational efficiencies.
If you relish the opportunity to build and lead such a team, let’s talk.
- Align: Create strong relationships with SMB, Partner, and Enterprise Sales leaders to ensure alignment of Marketing and Revenue goals.
- Strategize: Work with CMO and Marketing Core Leadership Team to drive strategic marketing initiatives.
- Generate: Deliver consistent, high-volume, qualified lead flow to all three go-to-market channels (SMB, Partner & Enterprise) through owned sites, paid media, landing pages, calls-to-action, direct mail, and offers.
- Optimize: Continually optimize our lead generation efforts in order to improve performance throughout the funnel as measured by qualified lead volume, converted leads, cost-per-lead or other relevant metrics.
- Manage: Manage the placement of all paid media to ensure optimal performance and budget compliance.
- Develop: Collaborate with Marketing, Revenue, and Strategy to develop and evolve buyer personas which improve go-to-market efforts.
- Deliver: Work with Marketing peers to deliver paid, owned, and earned campaigns that support our lead generation goals.
- Build: Build a performance-driven Demand Gen Team that never stops looking for ways to improve our efforts.
- Report: Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Sales Ops leadership to ensure accurate and timely reporting of pipeline to our Executive Team in each of our three go-to-market channels
- Measure: Develop performance metrics that support all of Marketing’s needs
- Analyze: Generate weekly Marketing ROI analysis with actionable insights that result in new optimization efforts.
- Budget: Work with all Marketing teams and Finance to manage the marketing programs budget
- Support: Partner with Business Operations to evaluate and optimize the suite of systems necessary to support all Marketing initiatives.
- Plan: Guide the Marketing Team through annual and quarterly planning processes.
- Guide: Work with Marketing Core peers to build the agenda for our bi-weekly Marketing Core Leadership meetings and guide those meetings to address most pressing issues.
- Build: Build an insightful, self-starting Marketing Operations Team capable of generating accurate, timely, and actionable analysis that aids executive decision-making.
- 7+ years experience in demand gen and marketing operations
- Proven experience developing, managing, and delivering successful, integrated B2B demand generation campaigns from conception through implementation, measurement, and analysis.
- Deep experience in outbound demand generation including content syndication, email marketing, landing page optimization, search, social media, and webinars.
- Power user of Salesforce CRM and marketing automation (Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot) and a passion for technologies that increase lead engagement and conversion.
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities including pivot tables
- Experience with marketing dashboard/report development, delivery, and analysis including leveraging data from multiple sources
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proven communication and presentation skills in front of executive-level audiences.
- Experience collaborating with sales, sales ops, finance, business operations, and all marketing functions.
- Experience in SaaS or hi-tech.
- Experience in Enterprise marketing. Knowledge in Account Based Marketing is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial drive, creativity and demonstrated ability to exceed goals.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top