Visual Web Designer
Yext is looking for a passionate, relentless Web Designer to add to the team.
We are building a team that will revolutionize and disrupt a market while delivering amazing products and solutions to our clients.
Please note that all applicants should submit a link to their online website/portfolio
Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
The Yext Tysons Corner, VA office is located at 7900 Westpark Drive McLean, VA in the Silverline Center. http://www.silverlinecenter.com/ Perks include free catered lunch daily and free on-site gym!
Our Consulting Group works with Yext’s largest clients to deliver highly-customized and integrated products. Our work is leaps and bounds beyond our competitors and is seen by millions of people across the globe. The team includes Project Management, Creative, and Software Engineering experts that work together to deliver end-to-end solutions. We value things like: curiosity, failing forward, productivity hacks, excellent communication, a sense of humor, and confidence without ego.
We're Growing! Yext needs a ridiculously talented entry-level Visual Web Designer to augment our creative team. You'll be designing elegant solutions to complex problems along with our Creative Lead, fellow Visual Designers, our UX Designer, and the Development Team. You’ll be a key player in maintaining the visual design bar, evolving our prototyping process, and improving our team’s craft. Our SaaS software is extremely powerful, but the aesthetic experience should always be effortless and intentional.
Our ideal candidate
- You live and breathe design. You have an eye for balance, proportion and rhythm. Your love for typography, layout, grid design, and beautiful interfaces runs deep.
- You’re enthusiastic about an iterative design process. You aren’t afraid to throw away beautiful design work if it’s not the right solution for the problem at hand.
- Your skills get measurably better over time and you never stop working on your craft. When looking at your portfolio, it's clear you've never stopped improving.
- You have no problem giving and receiving constructive critique and design direction.
- You are compulsively trying out new Websites and apps in order to help build a solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices/trends in Web and mobile design patterns.
- You have a higher bar for your work than anyone else. When others feel a design is good enough, you keep polishing, keep simplifying, and keep pushing for more clarity.
- You are eager to discuss, defend, and implement your design ideas.
What you’d be doing
- Producing high-quality visual Web designs—from concept to execution, including those for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials)
- Creating and iterate on assets that reflect a client’s brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product
- Pushing creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Partnering with Software Engineers to implement your designs just as you had envisioned
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. Summer 2017 graduates are encouraged to apply!
- 0-2 years of professional experience as visual designer for web applications and services
- Proficiency in tools like Sketch, Box, Invision App, Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite
- A jaw-dropping online portfolio, free of type-o’s
Helpful, but not necessary
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap screen sizes and 12-column grid principle
- Experience designing for variable data (CMS-driven layouts)
- Ability to create style guides to be used cross-functionally
- Interaction design sensibility
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top