Vice President, Customer Success
Yext puts business on the map with the award-winning Location Cloud. We enable companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Our products — Listings, Pages, and Reviews — enable the world's millions of businesses to drive face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
The rapidly growing Enterprise Division is a cross functional team of Sales, Account Management and Business Development professionals responsible for growing Yext’s revenues. With a focus on Fortune 50-500 brands across the United States and global chain businesses internationally, we work with brands across Automotive, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Retail and more.
The Vice President, Customer Success, reports into the Chief Customer Officer and will execute on the vision of a world class customer engagement organization. They will lead our dynamic global customer success team and help drive various customer success initiatives, projects and strategies. This role is ultimately responsible for delivering world class customer experiences that drive engagement, loyalty, satisfaction, and improve retention across a large base of customers. By understanding our customers’ key business issues and opportunities, this executive will drive customer intimacy through global programs which delivers business impact and innovation to our customers’ business.
- Provide superior leadership that results in a highly engaged, motivated, and driven success team.
- Drive company-wide definition of the ideal customer and implement segmentation of customer base with appropriate changes to service models.
- Develop company wide programs that will positively impact customer experience. Examples might include toolkits, Gainsight, NPS programs.
- Map customer journey and define and optimize the customer lifecycle.
- Develop and consistently improve implementation methodology to ensure strong customer adoption of solutions.
- Standardize customer support model to ensure strong foundation for long-term customer satisfaction. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Create a company-wide culture of Customer Success.
- Leverage best practices in client management and technical innovation to ensure maximum retention and growth through appropriate cost and touch models. Optimize operational components for renewals, additional subscriptions, and customer adoption metrics.
- Support the evolution of our implementation approach and ensure new clients consistently and seamlessly are on boarded onto the platform.
- Work in conjunction with Client Services team in identifying new opportunities for improvement and how to drive upsells.
- Define, manage and improve product adoption programs across the company.
- Recruit and hire world class talent and manage performance to ensure career growth opportunities.
- Define operational metrics for team, track, review with team, present metrics to executives, company and board.
- Lead, inspire, mentor and train team.
- Collaborate with Yext executives on scaling and organizational planning.
- Demonstrate Yext values and exemplary leadership.
The leader for this position has ideally scaled and led a SaaS-based global customer success organization with experience across high volume customer accounts with high touch requirements. This person thrives on building processes and structure for successful interactions with Yext customers and Yext executives. This is a huge opportunity to become part of an expanding team, with the potential to help define the vision for how we support some of our most important partners. Success metrics for this role will include:
- Developing and executing a cross-segment engagement strategy to drive measurable adoption, usage and customer satisfaction.
- Driving revenue through the account management organization in partnership with sales by identifying additional locations and upsell opportunities.
- Improving retention rates, reducing customer churn.
- Increasing customer usage and adoption.
- Drive upsells into current customer base.
- Identifying additional features and functionality to drive enterprise usage and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of solid work experience in digital, online advertising, marketing consulting or the technology sector.
- 5+ years of experience in an account management function (account portfolio planning and prioritization).
- 3+ years experience focused on customer success programs and initiatives.
- Proven ability to evaluate and develop the existing teams and reshape it as necessary while mentoring and inspiring the team.
- Success in consistently delivering growth numbers and producing accurate forecasts while maintaining a focus on profitability.
- Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment to deliver on detail as well as strategy.
- Proven track record working in driving customer adoption and retention.
- Passion for technology and innovation.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Proven experience building and running a business with the right operational skills.
- Driven nature and desire to grow a business.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Analytical and negotiation skills, particularly at executive level.
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Demonstrated competency interacting effectively at the C-suite level, with both technical and non-technical executives.
- Blend of search, technological and/or display experience.
- Experienced in on-boarding clients; implementation and integration experience.
- Flexibility for global travel
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights
in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Based in the heart of New York City, Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015 & 2016).
Meet Some of Yext's Employees
Senior Account Manager, Enterprise Client Services
Lexi interfaces with the Product and Consulting Teams to ensure her clients’ expectations are met and data is up-to-date across Yext’s ecosystem of location services, allowing consumers to find great products and services faster.
Back to top