Yext is the global location data management leader, and our mission is to help people Go Places™. The award-winning Yext Location Cloud enables companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry’s largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Yext is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its growing and dynamic accounting team. This is a hands-on position with a mix of accounting and operational duties. This role will be responsible for assisting in the day to day transaction processing and the related accounting, preparing account reconciliations in connection with the close process, and performing financial analysis on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in various accounting functions to include; general ledger maintenance, preparing reconciliations, fixed assets, cash, and expense accounting
- Participate in intercompany transactions, ensuring proper recording, reconciliation, and settlement of balances.
- Support and assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Design and implement internal controls
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data in Excel from various internal systems and the general ledger
- Assist in external financial reporting processes
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the team when requested
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years experience in accounting
- Working understanding of GAAP
- Ability to manipulate and manage large amounts of data
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent written and formal presentation skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Big 4 public accounting or public company corporate accounting experience
- International reporting a plus
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext currently employs over 500 amazing people around the globe. Our headquarters are in the historic Flatiron District in New York City, with additional offices in Chicago, Dallas, London, and Washington DC. Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City with over 500 employees worldwide operating in Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Germany, and the UK. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by the Inc. 500 (#212 in 2015), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014 & 2015). Learn more about how we help people go places at yext.com.
Back to top